You might remember a year back I was able to participate in one of the first #140Confs in Los Angeles and the another in NYC.
This year Jeff Pulver has teamed up with the most awesome Chris Lehmann to bring the #140EDU Conference to the masses. This 140 is different from the others in that it's focus is all on education. More importantly how real-time information sharing is changing education.
Now, I have had the opportunity to meet with some pretty cool people at past conferences. Dennis Crowley (Co-Founder of Foursquare), Soleil Moon Frye (aka Punky Brewster), Ann Curry, and countless more. They are some of the most amazing people in the digital world.
But now we have a focus on just education. I will be there with my buddy Tom Whitby where we are going to talk about the effects we believe Educational Twitter Chats are having on making change in the classroom. There will be some other really great speakers there.
Some of it may be streamed live...
Why not attend in person?
Normally the cost to attend an event like this is $140.00. (Well worth the price for the two days of sharing/learning/growing). But Jeff really wants teachers and other educators to be there. So you can apply to attend for only $1.40. For less than the cost of your Starbucks you can spend 2 days talking about real-time information sharing in education with some really smart folks. (Now of course you have to get yourself there and that part is on your own.)
So if you are anywhere, not just in the northeast and can be in NYC next Tuesday (Aug 2) and Wednesday (Aug 3) I strongly encourage you to click the link below, fill out the form and join us!
Apply For Educator Pricing
Still not convinced? Ok....here is a list of who is going to be there:
– Adam Bellow (@adambellow) – Founder, eduTecher
– Andrea G. Michnik (@AndreaGenevieve) – Director of PR and Social Media Marketing, International Studies Abroad
– Ann Leaness (@aleaness) – HS English Teacher, Grad Ed Adjunct and EdCampPhilly co-organizer
– Barry Joseph (@barryjoseph) – Online Leadership Program, Global Kids, Inc.
– Barry Schuler (@BSchuler) – Chairman, New Tech Network; Director, KnowledgeWorks Foundation
– Chris Lehmann (@chrislehmann) – Principal of the Science Leadership Academy
– Christian Long (@ChristianLong) – Vice President – Education, Cannon Design
– Cynthia Lawson (@cynthialawson) – Assistant Professor and Artist, Parsons The New School for Design
– Dale J. Stephens (@DaleJStephens) – Leader of the @UnCollege movement. Evangelist
– David A. Singer (@DavidASinger) – School Board Trustee, Harrison School District
– Debra Eckerling (@campusexplorer) – Senior Editor, Campus Explorer
- Don Burton (@dcburton) – Founder, eebee’s Adventures
– Donna Murdoch (@donnamurdoch) – Technology, Communication, and Education Sector, New York
– Douglas Crets (@DouglasCrets) – Director, dB C Media
– Dr. Douglas Green (@drdouggreen) – Retired Principal, Education
Consultant based in Endicott, New York and blogger for DrDougGreen.Com
– Eric Sheninger (@NMHS_Principal) – Principal, New Milford High School
– Erik Endress (@erikendress) – Interactive & Social Media Specialist, New Jersey School Boards Association
– Ethan Bodnar (@ethanbodnar) – - Designer and senior at Hartford Art School (@HartfordArt)
– George Haines (@George_Haines) – Director of Technology, Sts. Philip and James School
– Gina Johnston (@NHSoCal) – Social Media Strategist, New Horizons Computer Learning Centers of Southern California
– Gregory Corbin (@JustGregPoet) – Executive Director, Philly Youth Poetry Movement.
– Inga Rós (@Inga_Ros) – Teacher, Commercial College of Iceland
– Jack Hidary (@jackhidary) – entrepreneur – business, social, political
– Janos Marton – Director, The Living Museum
- Jeff Keni Pulver (@jeffpulver) – founder, #140conf
– Joan Tiburzi (@JoanTiburzi) – current trustee and past president of the Harrison School Board
- John Mikulski (@JohnMikulski) – Middle School English Language Arts
Teacher, Host of the Tightwad Teacher podcast, Classroominthecloud.net
– Karen Blumberg (@SpecialKRB) – NYCIST President. TEDxNYED, TEDxYouth@TheSchool, EdCampNYC, RoboExpo organizer.
– Katie McFarland (@Katiemc827) – Staff Development Specialist, Cattaraugus Allegany BOCES
– Kelly Sutton (@KellySutton) – Founder, HackCollege
– Kim Sivick (@ksivick) – Coordinator of Lower School Technology, Springside Chestnut Hill Academy
– Kristen Durkin (@Kristen_Durkin) – Graduate student at New York
University, Huffington Post Blogger and Marketing Manager at Kforce Inc.
– Kyra D. Gaunt, Ph.D. (@kyraocity) – TED Fellow 2009. Voicing the unspoken thru song, scholarship & social media.
– Linnea Keys (@linneakeys) – Junior at Johns Hopkins University with a double major in History and East Asian Studies
– Lisa Nielsen (@InnovativeEdu) – Speaker. Author. Educational innovator.
– Louis N. Wool (@louisnwool) – Superintendent of Schools of the
Harrison Central School District (and the 2010 NYS Superintendent of the
- Lynn Langit (@llangit) – co-founder of Teaching Kids Programming
– Mahipal Raythattha (@mahipalr) – Founder, Brain Racer Inc.
– Marc Ecko (@marcecko) – founder, Marc Ecko Enterprises
– Meenoo Rami (@mrami2) – HS English teacher- Founder & moderator of
#engchat. Teacher-Consultant for #nwp through #philwp and teacher at
the Science Leadership Academy in Philadelphia
– Mel Rosenberg (@MelRosenberg) – Educator, Parent, Futurist, Microbiologist
– Michael Margolis (@getstoried) – President and Founder, Get Storied
– Michele Haiken (@TeachingFactor) – Founder, theteachingfactor
– Mike Karnjanaprakorn (@mikekarnj) – Co-founder, Skillshare
– Patrick Higgins (@pjhiggins) – Supervisor of Humanities, Verona Public Schools
– Perry Hewitt (@perryhewitt) – Director – Digital, Harvard University
– Rebecca Levey (@beccasara) – Founder/Queen Bee, KidzVuz.com
– Shelley Krause (@butwait) – Academic Matchmaker & Tribe Finder, Rutgers Preparatory School
– Shelly S Terrell (@ShellTerrell) – Educator, tech trainer, Edtech, Elearning, TEFL. #Edchat coordinator.
– Steven W. Anderson (@web20classroom) – Educator, Speaker, Blogger,
#Edchat Co-Creator, #140Conf Character, NOW Award Winner, ASCD
– Tali Horowitz (@CommonSenseNews) – Education Program Manager, Common Sense Media.
– Tom Krieglstein (@tomkrieglstein) – Helping colleges create, increase,
and measure student engagement as the founder of Swift Kick, creator of
#SAchat and organizer of The NYEdTech Meetup.
- Tom Whitby (@tomwhitby) – Prof of Education. Founder: #Edchat, The EDU
PLN Ning, Linkedin group Technology-Using Professors et al.
– Warren Etheredge (@thewarrenreport) – The Warren Report
– Wendy Brawer (@GreenMap) – Designer of services and products for sustainable communities, locally and globally
– Will Craig (@WillCraigatPWP) – Educational Director at Partners With
Parents and Director of Educational Programming at The Handel Group
If that doesn't convince ya, I don't know what will. So check out the #140EDU Conference and I hope to see you there!